Hallowe’en party at the Mayhew Animal Home is a spook-tacular success
Event raised more than �500 for Kensal Green animal charity
A children’s Hallowe’en party hosted by a Kensal Green animal charity has raised more than �500 for their cause.
The Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, held the spook-tacular event yesterday (Sunday) to raise funds and introduce the public to all the beautiful black cats in their care.
The party was a fantastic success with lots of people turning up to take part in the many games and activities planned for the afternoon.
There were a variety of ghoulish games for the children to take part in, including Find the spider in the zombie brains, Do you dare guess what’s inside the box and ‘Guess how many eyeballs in the jar’
The youngsters also got to enjoy a range of appropriate themed refreshments including eyeball jelly and some particularly creepy cakes.
In addition they took part in a ‘Horror Mask’ competition and fancy dress contest which was judged by Cllr Belinda Donovan, the Mayor of Hammersmith and Fulham and long-term supporter of the charity.
- 1 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 2 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 3 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
- 4 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 5 Jailed: Kilburn man linked to 8 knifepoint robberies in St John's Wood area
- 6 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 7 Complaints of 'chaos' after Harry Styles' Wembley gigs
- 8 Injured moped driver appeal after Dollis Hill collision
- 9 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
- 10 Neasden stabbing: Man charged with St Raphael's estate murder
All visitors were able to pop into the Mayhew’s cattery and meet lots of the lovely cats awaiting new homes.
Lisa Houlihan, the Mayhew’s events officer, said: “This year’s Hallowe’en party was fantastic fun!
“The Mayhew looked especially spooky with the d�cor and the games and we loved being able to enjoy the fun with lots of visitors who helped us raise over �500 to help our rescue animals.
“We can’t wait for next year!”
For more information about the Mayhew visit www.themayhew.org.