Hairdresser from Brent wins her 16th industry award
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning hairdresser from Brent has scooped her 16th accolade by being named the ‘Weave Stylist of the Year’.
Marcia Johnson, who owns and runs Rougz Hair & Beauty in Hampstead, won the title at the Sensational Icon 2014 competition.
She beat off stiff competition by using weave techniques to create two hairstyles which complimented each other using black, white and golden blonde hair.
The talented stylist trained at the College of North West London in Wembley, and since qualifying in 2002 she has filled her trophy cabinet with a string of awards.
She said: “I’ve always wanted to be a hairdresser, right from when I was a young child, but the College of North West London really helped to push me to be the creative stylist I am today.
“They saw my potential in hairdressing and gave me all the support I needed to make it, and now I’m able to say I’m a multiple award winning hairdresser.”
Ms Johnson also thanked Francesca Cavagnino, Rougz’s beauty therapist and make-up artist and her models Stacy McKnight and Lamarra Thompson.
- 1 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 4 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 5 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 6 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
- 7 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 8 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack