Hackers target Brent and Harrow London Assembly member’s email account
Navin Shah is warning people not to respond to message asking for money
A London Assembly member is warning people not to respond to an email asking them money which has been sent from his private account.
Hackers have sent out the distressing message after tapping into the Gmail account of Brent and Harrow member Navin Shah.
In the email, which has been sent to hundreds of people in his contact list, Mr Shah claims to have been held up at gunpoint with his family while in Spain.
He claims his money, phones, credit cards and other valuable possessions were stolen and he needs €1,250 sent to him via a money transfer service asap.
You may also want to watch:
In a tweet sent out this afternoon Mr Shah is asking people to ignore the email.
He said “My account’s been hacked, please ignore email u received from me2day. I don’t need ur money and I’m not in Spain. Thanks all 4ur concern.”
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 7 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods