Hackers target Brent and Harrow London Assembly member’s email account
Navin Shah is warning people not to respond to message asking for money
A London Assembly member is warning people not to respond to an email asking them money which has been sent from his private account.
Hackers have sent out the distressing message after tapping into the Gmail account of Brent and Harrow member Navin Shah.
In the email, which has been sent to hundreds of people in his contact list, Mr Shah claims to have been held up at gunpoint with his family while in Spain.
He claims his money, phones, credit cards and other valuable possessions were stolen and he needs €1,250 sent to him via a money transfer service asap.
In a tweet sent out this afternoon Mr Shah is asking people to ignore the email.
He said “My account’s been hacked, please ignore email u received from me2day. I don’t need ur money and I’m not in Spain. Thanks all 4ur concern.”
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 5 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 6 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 7 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 8 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 9 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash
- 10 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack