Gunners legend Martin Keown to kick start launch of Arsenal store in Brent Cross
Former centre-back player will sign autographs at football club’s flagship shop
Gunners legend Martin Keown will kick start the launch of Arsenal’s flagship store in Brent Cross on Friday.
The former centre-back player will be on hand to welcome the first customers through the door and sign autographs at ‘The Arsenal Brent Cross’ adjacent to Fenwicks.
The store will offer a range of Arsenal training and leisure wear and traditional merchandise to fans including new Nike replica home and away kits for 2012/13.
Arsenal’s mascot Gunnersaurus will also be greeting fans when the store opens at 10am.
Nick Peel, Arsenal Football Club’s retail director, said: “Our aim was to create a destination which was fresh and innovative and which fans would find appealing and we are delighted with the outcome.
“The new store will help us to engage with a wider fan base, while reducing our reliance on match day traffic.”
- 1 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 2 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 3 Brent headteacher fears pupils could bring in knives without uniform policy
- 4 Brent tower block plans may fall foul of planning law
- 5 New college planned to bring post-school education in Wembley
- 6 'Lucky escape': Four flee Wembley house fire where smoke alarms weren't working
- 7 Have your say on proposed changes to constituencies in Brent
- 8 Brent cycling group calls to improve rather than remove LTNs
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 10 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
The first 100 supporters to spend more than �20 in store will receive a free exclusive Arsenal football and a 25 per cent off voucher off their next purchase (valid for six months).
Fans will also be able to take part in a special Twitter promotion to win a personalised 2012/13 away shirt, by tweeting a picture of themselves at the store to the official Arsenal account (@Arsenal) using the hashtag #thearsenalbrentcross on Friday.
Tom Nathan, Brent Cross general manager, said: “We have many Gunners supporters among our shoppers so they in particular will be able to combine two of their great passions - shopping and football - in a single visit.
“It’s great that Martin Keown is helping to kick it all off and we know fans will enjoy meeting him when they are not snapping up offers and promotions which have been created for the launch.”