Gunners legend Martin Keown to kick start launch of Arsenal store in Brent Cross
Former centre-back player will sign autographs at football club’s flagship shop
Gunners legend Martin Keown will kick start the launch of Arsenal’s flagship store in Brent Cross on Friday.
The former centre-back player will be on hand to welcome the first customers through the door and sign autographs at ‘The Arsenal Brent Cross’ adjacent to Fenwicks.
The store will offer a range of Arsenal training and leisure wear and traditional merchandise to fans including new Nike replica home and away kits for 2012/13.
Arsenal’s mascot Gunnersaurus will also be greeting fans when the store opens at 10am.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Peel, Arsenal Football Club’s retail director, said: “Our aim was to create a destination which was fresh and innovative and which fans would find appealing and we are delighted with the outcome.
“The new store will help us to engage with a wider fan base, while reducing our reliance on match day traffic.”
- 1 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 2 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 3 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 4 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 5 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 6 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 7 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 8 Kensal Rise Triathlon team raises £130,800 for local charities
- 9 Neasden neighbours' petition against parking and fines plan
- 10 Police looking for man in Wembley after 'threats to kill'
The first 100 supporters to spend more than �20 in store will receive a free exclusive Arsenal football and a 25 per cent off voucher off their next purchase (valid for six months).
Fans will also be able to take part in a special Twitter promotion to win a personalised 2012/13 away shirt, by tweeting a picture of themselves at the store to the official Arsenal account (@Arsenal) using the hashtag #thearsenalbrentcross on Friday.
Tom Nathan, Brent Cross general manager, said: “We have many Gunners supporters among our shoppers so they in particular will be able to combine two of their great passions - shopping and football - in a single visit.
“It’s great that Martin Keown is helping to kick it all off and we know fans will enjoy meeting him when they are not snapping up offers and promotions which have been created for the launch.”