Gunman robs Subway branch in Wembley
Staff forced into the back of the shop after handing over cash
POLICE are appealing for help in finding an armed robber who held up a sanndwich shop at gunpoint.
The thug, who wore a balaclava, pulled a gun on staff at the Subway store, in Preston Road, Wembley, on November 25 at 10.22pm, before demanding cash.
Aftre stuffing his pockets with his loot, the gunman forced the two terrified workers aged 24 and 29 into the back of shop before he fled towards Carlton Avenue East.
Detective Constable John Baker, from Finchley Flying Squad, said: “This was a deeply traumatic and distressing ordeal for the victims. We will work tirelessly to bring these offenders to justice; however this is only possible with the assistance of the public.”
You may also want to watch:
The man was described as being white, between 35 and 40-years-old, 6 foot tall, of large build and having a scar on his top lip.
He was wearing a hi-vis top underneath a khaki coat, black trousers, wore dark blue adidas trainers and carried a black and blue pack over his shoulders.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
He was also wearing a white woollen glove and a latex glove.
*Anyone with information should contact DC Baker on 0208 358 1751 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.