Gunman robs Subway branch in Wembley
Staff forced into the back of the shop after handing over cash
POLICE are appealing for help in finding an armed robber who held up a sanndwich shop at gunpoint.
The thug, who wore a balaclava, pulled a gun on staff at the Subway store, in Preston Road, Wembley, on November 25 at 10.22pm, before demanding cash.
Aftre stuffing his pockets with his loot, the gunman forced the two terrified workers aged 24 and 29 into the back of shop before he fled towards Carlton Avenue East.
Detective Constable John Baker, from Finchley Flying Squad, said: “This was a deeply traumatic and distressing ordeal for the victims. We will work tirelessly to bring these offenders to justice; however this is only possible with the assistance of the public.”
The man was described as being white, between 35 and 40-years-old, 6 foot tall, of large build and having a scar on his top lip.
He was wearing a hi-vis top underneath a khaki coat, black trousers, wore dark blue adidas trainers and carried a black and blue pack over his shoulders.
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 5 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 6 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 7 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 8 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 9 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
He was also wearing a white woollen glove and a latex glove.
*Anyone with information should contact DC Baker on 0208 358 1751 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.