Gun found hidden in bushes in residential street in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Police have found a gun during a search of wasteland in a quiet residential street in Wembley.
The black firearm was discovered in a bag hidden in bushes at the back of Park View during a ‘weapon sweep’ conducted by officers.
The gun is being examined to determine whether it is an imitation or real.
DC John Muir from Brent CID said: “As part of the build up to Halloween and bonfire night officers carried out this weapon sweep which has taken a potential weapon off our streets and will no doubt come as a blow to whoever was planning to use it.
“We will continue to do our utmost to make Brent as safe as possible for residents and visitors.”
You may also want to watch:
If anyone has any information they are asked to call 101 or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 8 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 9 QPR suffer defeat to rivals Fulham
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed