Group launches 2020 calendar to pay tribute to Windrush Generation
- Credit: Archant
A community group has produced a calendar for 2020 that pays tribute to the vital contributions made by the Windrush Generation.
The Windrushers LNYDP 2019 team, which was formed to represent Hackney and the Windrush generation in this year's New Year's Day Parade, have created the calendar to acknowledge and pay tribute to its pioneers.
It features images of people who have made outstanding contributions, such as writer Margaret Busby, former Tottenham Hotspur footballer Walter Tull and Olympic gold medallist Arthur Wint.
"Please help us spread the knowledge all year round by buying a copy," said member Ngoma Bishop.
"It will make an excellent present for yourself, family members, friends or work colleagues and every copy sold will help ensure we can do the same next year."
You may also want to watch:
The calendars are £7. To order one email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 7 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 8 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 9 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds