Grieving five-year-old helps raise £3,000 for Northwick Park Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A five year-old-boy has helped raised £3,000 for Northwick Park Hospital after his grandfather’s sudden death from leukaemia.
Jamie Singer suggested his family hold a cake sale outside their home after granddad Alan Sherman’s death left the family devastated, especially his sister Chloe and cousins Lauren and Zack Sherman.
Jamie said: “The hospital must need money so they can make other people better.”
They raised nearly £3,000 for the Kingsley Ward in the Watford Road hospital ensuring all 14 rooms were fitted with TVs for long-stay patients.
Daughter Melissa Singer said: “The thought of our Dad having to stay in hospital 24/7 for over a month at a time with no working TV was so hard. We’ve been told by the staff and patients that the TVs have made a big difference.
You may also want to watch:
“My dad was a gentleman in every sense of the word so we hope with this donation, his memory will live on.”
- 1 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 2 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 3 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 4 Habitual Harlesden car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 5 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 6 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 7 QPR will look to wrap up the season strongly at home to Luton Town
- 8 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 9 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
- 10 Wembley teenager charged with murdering Ahmed Baker