Green plan seeks young brains
by Rachael Dickson Twenty environmentally-minded children are needed for the UK s first ever environmental think tank for seven to 14-year-olds. The project, called Our Planet, Our Say will develop a three-point plan to deal with the UK s
by Rachael Dickson
Twenty environmentally-minded children are needed for the UK's first ever environmental think tank for seven to 14-year-olds.
The project, called Our Planet, Our Say will develop a three-point plan to deal with the UK's major environmental challenges with support from environmental experts.
The proposals will be presented to the Government and other influential organisations at the end of the year.
You may also want to watch:
A recent British Gas poll found 74 per cent of children in the UK think adults are not doing enough to protect the environment, while 26 per cent feel their environmental concerns fall on deaf ears.
Children can nominate themselves or be nominated by others at www.generationgreen.co.uk and should write 100 words explaining why they want to take part.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent pub...REVEALED
- 8 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley