Grants worth £150k available for sports groups in Brent
- Credit: Archant
Sports groups in Brent are being invited to bid for a grant from the Wembley National Stadium Trust (WNST).
In recent years, they have awarded more than £1.3million to local groups for community sports activities across the borough and there is another £150,000 now available.
Any sports club, school, local charity or community group doing sports activities can apply.
Smaller groups can ask for up to £2,500 and larger ones up to £25,000.
Stewart Goshawk, chief executive of WNST, said: “We run these grant rounds twice every year but we’d love to hear from any local sports clubs that haven’t applied to us before - although we’ve funded more than 130 different groups already. And it’s not only football, there’s lots of cricket, tennis and rugby as well - and we’ve also funded Gaelic sports, sailing, swimming, basketball, lawn bowls, horse riding and many more besides.
You may also want to watch:
“It all goes to show what fantastic opportunities there are for people in Brent to get involved in sport and to stay fit and healthy.
Visit wnst.org.uk/how-to-apply for more information including how to apply.
The closing date is November 28.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 4 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet