Grandmother gets Christmas shoppers rocking at Brent Cross
- Credit: Archant
We all know how tiring Christmas shopping can be so when a grandmother sat down at a piano in Brent Cross people thought she was resting.
But within seconds Evelyn Joyce delivered a shocker to shoppers by playing a rick and roll version of Jingle Bells on the piano.
Bemused adults and children got into the Christmas spirit by singing and dancing with friends and family yesterday.
Mrs Joyce, who lives in Barnet, has now been invited to play the piano at Brent Cross’ sister shopping centres in Croydon, Reading and Birmingham.
Even the elves from the shopping centre’s Christmas Grotto jived along to the music. She said: “I’ve always loved playing the piano and so couldn’t resist giving it a little tinkle whilst I was shopping. Even though everyone seemed to enjoy it, I still couldn’t believe it when I was approached to do a UK tour of the Hammerson centres.”
Tom Nathan, general manager at Brent Cross, added: “It was fantastic to see Brent Cross transformed into a hub of singing and dancing in true Christmas spirit. We would like to thank Evelyn for her fantastic performance.”
- 1 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 2 Brent scheme helping people with disabilities after Covid
- 3 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 4 'Grandfather of Kensal Rise': Barber Gee Artrey dies at 86
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 7 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 8 Four adults and child rescued from roof as blaze destroys flat
- 9 London to Hong Kong to Selfridges: Couple’s snack brand journey
- 10 West Hampstead and Kilburn up first for new team to battle fly-tipping