Grandmother gets Christmas shoppers rocking at Brent Cross
- Credit: Archant
We all know how tiring Christmas shopping can be so when a grandmother sat down at a piano in Brent Cross people thought she was resting.
But within seconds Evelyn Joyce delivered a shocker to shoppers by playing a rick and roll version of Jingle Bells on the piano.
Bemused adults and children got into the Christmas spirit by singing and dancing with friends and family yesterday.
Mrs Joyce, who lives in Barnet, has now been invited to play the piano at Brent Cross’ sister shopping centres in Croydon, Reading and Birmingham.
Even the elves from the shopping centre’s Christmas Grotto jived along to the music. She said: “I’ve always loved playing the piano and so couldn’t resist giving it a little tinkle whilst I was shopping. Even though everyone seemed to enjoy it, I still couldn’t believe it when I was approached to do a UK tour of the Hammerson centres.”
You may also want to watch:
Tom Nathan, general manager at Brent Cross, added: “It was fantastic to see Brent Cross transformed into a hub of singing and dancing in true Christmas spirit. We would like to thank Evelyn for her fantastic performance.”
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed