Grand Union Canal floods on to streets in Stonebridge and Harlesden
- Credit: Archant
The Grand Union Canal has flooded today resulting in water spilling on to streets in Stonebridge and Harlesden.
Pedestrians and drivers are being advised to take care following the over flow from the canal feeder that runs through Hillside, connecting to the Grand Union Canal on Waxlow Road, Park Royal.
The water has reached the pavement and roads through Hillside and on the Harrow Road.
An investigation has been launched by the Canals and Rivers Trust.
A spokesman told the Times: “At this stage we don’t know exactly what’s happened but we’ve stopped the water supply to prevent any more flooding.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got a team on site this afternoon to establish what the problem might be and as soon as we know more then we’ll be able to look into any steps we may need to take to stop it from happening again.”
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 9 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer