Grab a one-off Elton John outfit
SHOPPERS have the once-in-a-lifetime chance to grab a piece of the flamboyant wardrobe of singer Elton John at a special sale. Out the Closet 2009 in Covent Garden s Flower Cellar will offer an exclusive array of the clothing collection from the clos
SHOPPERS have the once-in-a-lifetime chance to grab a piece of the flamboyant wardrobe of singer Elton John at a special sale.
'Out the Closet 2009' in Covent Garden's Flower Cellar will offer an exclusive array of the clothing collection from the closet of the star and his civil partner, David Furnish, ranging from Elton's stage outfits to David's Dior shirts.
Fans can snap up items of clothing and accessories, priced from �10 to �2,000, from glitzy labels including Versace, Dior, Prada, McQueen, D&G and Jean Paul Gaultier.
All sale proceeds will go towards Elton John's charity, the Elton John Aids Foundation, which aims to alleviate the physical, emotional and financial hardship of those living with, affected by or at risk of HIV/AIDS.
You may also want to watch:
Elton John said: "I think the idea that the items we all buy and enjoy can help someone in dire need, particularly at this time of year, really strikes a chord."
'Out The Closet' kicks off with a special preview for the first 250 people in line at 4pm tomorrow (Friday) at Covent Garden's Flower Cellar in Russell Street, off the East Piazza.
- 1 Indian Covid variant found in Brent
- 2 Man arrested and knife found after police chase through Willesden Green
- 3 Teenager jailed after robbing sex worker at knifepoint
- 4 Police appeal for missing woman from Cricklewood
- 5 The Repair Shop’s Jay Blades on how he mended his own life
- 6 Parents 'not consulted' on restructuring of Brondesbury Park primary school
- 7 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 8 Kilburn residents shout 'save our square' from over-development
- 9 Exhibition celebrating Gujarati influences launches in Willesden
- 10 Police officer convicted after being caught drink driving
The sale will continue until December 20 or until stock is sold out, if sooner.
Opening hours are Mondays to Saturdays 10am - 7pm, Sundays 11am - 3pm.
Shoppers can check revised opening times or when stock is sold out at www.ejaf.com or www.coventgardenlondonuk.com