Grab a one-off Elton John outfit
SHOPPERS have the once-in-a-lifetime chance to grab a piece of the flamboyant wardrobe of singer Elton John at a special sale. Out the Closet 2009 in Covent Garden s Flower Cellar will offer an exclusive array of the clothing collection from the clos
SHOPPERS have the once-in-a-lifetime chance to grab a piece of the flamboyant wardrobe of singer Elton John at a special sale.
'Out the Closet 2009' in Covent Garden's Flower Cellar will offer an exclusive array of the clothing collection from the closet of the star and his civil partner, David Furnish, ranging from Elton's stage outfits to David's Dior shirts.
Fans can snap up items of clothing and accessories, priced from �10 to �2,000, from glitzy labels including Versace, Dior, Prada, McQueen, D&G and Jean Paul Gaultier.
All sale proceeds will go towards Elton John's charity, the Elton John Aids Foundation, which aims to alleviate the physical, emotional and financial hardship of those living with, affected by or at risk of HIV/AIDS.
Elton John said: "I think the idea that the items we all buy and enjoy can help someone in dire need, particularly at this time of year, really strikes a chord."
'Out The Closet' kicks off with a special preview for the first 250 people in line at 4pm tomorrow (Friday) at Covent Garden's Flower Cellar in Russell Street, off the East Piazza.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 2 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 3 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 4 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 5 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 6 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 7 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 8 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 9 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 10 Abba Voyage: A spectacular trip into an enchanted world
The sale will continue until December 20 or until stock is sold out, if sooner.
Opening hours are Mondays to Saturdays 10am - 7pm, Sundays 11am - 3pm.
Shoppers can check revised opening times or when stock is sold out at www.ejaf.com or www.coventgardenlondonuk.com