Glimpse of new Cricklewood development as first homes go on sale
- Credit: Archant
Developers leading a multi-million pound transformation of a former football ground in Cricklewood have given a sneak peek of what the new village will look like after the first homes went on sale this weekend.
The Claremont Village development, which is being built on the former home of Hendon FC on the edge of Clitterhouse playing fields in Claremont road, will comprise 106 one and two-bedroom apartments and three and four-bedroom homes and 29 affordable properties when the site is complete.
Before construction began in August this year, the site had lain derelict for more than five years and sparked controversy when Barnet council sold the land to private developers.
68 Romanian squatters were evicted from the land in 2013 by the UK Border Agency and offered free flights back to their homeland.
Developer Fairview New Homes released the first homes for sale this weekend ahead of the launch of an on-site sales office on Saturday November 7.
Jim Holliday, Sales and Marketing Director for Fairview, said: “We are building a range of new family homes at Claremont Village, and we are looking forward to revealing more details about the properties to buyers.
“We are proud to be transforming a site which was previously vacant for a number of years into a flourishing new community for Cricklewood.
- 1 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 2 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 3 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 4 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 5 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 6 Dramatic Dieng equaliser sums up 'crazy game' for QPR boss Beale
- 7 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 8 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 9 'Dangerous' uni student jailed for 38 years for 'random' knife attacks
- 10 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
“Buyers will then be able to visit us on site at Cricklewood from Saturday 7th November, where our Sales Office will open its doors to the public.
“We look forward to meeting home-hunters over the coming weeks and telling them all about the homes we are building at Claremont Village.”