Giant mascot kidnapped in Wembley
Company offer �100 for return of valued marketing asset
WHAT’S seven foot tall, black and yellow, and missing?
The colourful mascot of a repair company that was ‘kidnapped’ during a visit to the borough.
The giant screwdriver which is a symbol for 0800 repair was snatched from the top of one their vans which was parked in Homefield Road, Sudbury.
Maybe someone felt they had a large screw loose and the mascot was fit for the job, or perhaps they wanted to drive the company crazy.
You may also want to watch:
Whatever the reason, Paul Feek, managing director of 0800 Repair, has put up a �100 reward for the mascot’s return.
He said: “Somebody somewhere must know something.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 7 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 10 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
“Perhaps your friend or loved one has been acting suspiciously, or carrying a giant screwdriver around.
“Either way we urge you to get in touch. Even the smallest detail could lead to a major breakthrough in the case.
“The screwdriver was our most effective marketing asset and had been with the company for over a year.
“If the kidnappers are listening to this, I would ask them to please not harm the screwdriver, or send us body parts – such as a severed flat-head – in the post, we just ask for its safe return.”
Hanif Balbeo was driving the van when the screwdriver was pinched, he said: “They must have had a big job on themselves if they needed a screwdriver that big.
“The only consolation was a bottle of beer they left on the bonnet of the van.”
Anyone with any information regarding the screwdriver is asked to call 01909 519258.