Get a look from London Fashion Week at London Designer Outlet for £100
- Credit: Archant
The London Designer Outlet boasts shops offering up to 70 per cent off clothing and homeware but can its stores emulate the catwalk? News editor Lorraine King finds out.
I was given a challenge to replicate a look seen at London Fashion Week from shops in LDO with a budget of £100.
I had 33 outfits to choose from and 60 minutes on the clock.
Anyone who knows me knows I love shopping and I love a bargain so I happily swapped my heels for a pair of ballet pumps, rolled up my sleeves, sharpened my elbows and off I went.
I knew finding a pair of black jeans would be the easiest item to tick off the list.
In fact I found pairs in five shops before opting for the newly opened branch of Bench.
Reduced from £40 to £20 I was happy with the 50 per cent discount.
- 1 QPR boss Beale disappointed to bow out of Carabao Cup
- 2 Polio virus detected in sewage in Brent
- 3 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 4 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
- 5 QPR bow out of EFL Cup after penalty shoot-out at Charlton
- 6 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 7 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 8 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 9 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 10 Sven Badzak: Stabbing victim's family ‘outraged’ as trial delayed
So on to the shoes.
Thanks to Kate Middleton nude shoes have become a staple part of most women’s wardrobes and are as popular as a LBD (Little Black Dress) so again I have a few shops to choose from.
The first shop I targeted was LK Bennett where the Duchess of Cambridge’s actual pair are from.
Yes they did have a variety of nude shoes (£50 reduced from £185) but not in my size however Daniel Footwear opposite did (£48.99 reduced from £199).
Item two in the bag.
Next was to find a yellow jumper with white patterns on it.
I knew this would be the stumbling block as yellow is an exceptionally seasonal colour and while the nights are still long and the weather is still wintery it was obvious I’d be pushed to find any pastel-colour knitwear.
So I didn’t find an identical one but I chose a jumper from M&S (£18 reduced from £45) which matched the shoes and the jeans - box ticked (I say so).
With literally five minutes on the clock and a fruitless search of a bag that remotely resembles the one in the picture I snap up a sparkly envelope clutch from H&M (£3 reduced from £7.99).
Again it’s not an exact replica but it finished off the outfit and was the best match I could find.
So all in all I have managed to put together a look resembling a catwalk copy for the grand sum of £89.99 - £10.01 under budget.
Now what’s the next challenge?
I’m ready and waiting….
For more information about the London Designer Outlet visit www.london-designer-outlet.com/.
Go to www.londonfashionweek.co.uk/ for more about London Fashion Week.