George Michael raises hundreds of pounds for The Mayhew Animal Home
Pop star’s dog montage fetches �680 on eBay for Kensal Green charity
Pop star George Michael has auctioned off a selection of images of dogs to raise money for an animal charity in Kensal Green.
The montage of the pets, owned by himself and other musicians, sold on eBay for �680 yesterday (Monday).
The Highgate singer will donate the proceeds to the Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens.
Several of the photos are of rescue dogs from the animal sanctuary in Trenmar Gardens, when they were being fostered by George and his crew on his ‘Symphonica’ tour entourage as they waited to find a forever home.
You may also want to watch:
The 49-year-old singer, who had a hit with a track titled ‘Shoot the Dog’, tweeted last week: “Just want to let you know we have a signed goodie up for auction on e-bay, the proceeds will go to a dog rescue charity ... It’s a signed collection of all the pics we have called the ‘’doggie wall’’ on the tour.
“And there are three pics of my gorgeous Meg and Abbey on there :)”
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 5 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 6 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 7 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 8 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 9 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 10 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
The Mayhew, which was established in 1886, is entirely funded by public donations and costs more than �3,400 a day to run.
Caroline Yates, The Mayhew’s CEO, said: “Needless to say, we were absolutely delighted to hear that George had chosen The Mayhew to benefit from this charity auction.
“It is a fantastic idea to raise funds and it is wonderful to see Mayhew dogs on the wall in photos from the happy times they spent with their foster carer.”