George Michael in eBay fundraising mission for Kensal Green charity
Proceeds of pop star’s auction will be donated to The Mayhew Animal Home
Pop star George Michael is auctioning off a selection of images of dogs to raise money for an animal charity in Kensal Green.
The Highgate singer is selling the montage of the pets, owned by himself and other musicians, on eBay with all proceeds going to the Mayhew Animal Home.
Several of the photos are of rescue dogs from the animal sanctuary in Trenmar Gardens, when they were being fostered by George and his crew on his ‘Symphonica’ tour entourage as they waited to find a forever home.
The 49-year-old singer, who had a hit with a track titled ‘Shoot the Dog’, tweeted: “Just want to let you know we have a signed goodie up for auction on e-bay, the proceeds will go to a dog rescue charity ... It’s a signed collection of all the pics we have called the ‘’doggie wall’’ on the tour.
“And there are three pics of my gorgeous Meg and Abbey on there :)”
The Mayhew, which was established in 1886, is entirely funded by public donations and costs more than �3,400 a day to run.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 2 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 3 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 4 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 5 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 6 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 7 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 8 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 9 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Caroline Yates, The Mayhew’s CEO, said: “Needless to say, we were absolutely delighted to hear that George had chosen The Mayhew to benefit from this charity auction.
“It is a fantastic idea to raise funds and it is wonderful to see Mayhew dogs on the wall in photos from the happy times they spent with their foster carer.”
The item’s listing on auction site eBay reads: “Plastic coated photo montage, “Dog Wall”, of the dogs owned and loved by George Michael and the George Michael Symphonica touring personnel. Each photo of the Symphonica dogs is labelled with the dog’s name and its’ owner.”
Bidding currently stands at �410 and the auction closes on October 22.
To bid on the item visit http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/George-Michael-Symphonica-Tour-Dog-Wall-/300796566656?ssPageName=ADME%3AL%3ALCA%3AGB%3A1123