Geoff Cameron issues bold message to teams facing QPR this season
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
QPR’s Geoff Cameron warns other teams after opening day victory against Stoke.
Geoff Cameron believes opposition teams should not underestimate QPR this season after a stunning 2-1 away win at Stoke.
Goals from debutant Jordan Hugill and Ebere Eze helped the Rs pick up their first victory away from home on the opening day since 1987.
Cameron believes the result should act as a warning to other teams who might be taking his side lightly.
""People shouldn't underestimate us," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"Stoke are supposedly the better side, being tipped for promotion, but we showed what we are all about.
"We were the better team and that has got to give us confidence going forward into the new season.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 4 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 5 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 6 Petrol crisis: Brawls, long queues and empty stations across Brent
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 9 'It's yours to keep', Boney M's Liz Mitchell talks NFTs, new old music and a future world tour
- 10 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
"On a personal note for me it was my second 90 minutes in five or six weeks, so to go straight into the starting line-up it was positive.
"We should've done better with their goal but saying that we toughed it out and held on to a deserved victory."