Search

Wembley couple violently threatened in their hostel AGAIN – months after homophobic attack that left them in hospital

PUBLISHED: 10:42 20 November 2018 | UPDATED: 11:46 20 November 2018

Gustavo William-Coleman and Andrew William-Coleman holding alarm devices and showing CCTV cameras all issued by police. Picture: Jonathan Goldberg

Gustavo William-Coleman and Andrew William-Coleman holding alarm devices and showing CCTV cameras all issued by police. Picture: Jonathan Goldberg

Jonathan Goldberg

A couple subjected to a second terrifying attack at their Wembley hostel are begging Brent Council to hurry up and find them a safe home.

Andrew and Gustavo William-Coleman were terrified when an intruder smashed down the communal front door of the property at the Euro Wembley Hotel in Elm Road on November 12.

The man tried to smash the window before storming into the property and shouting at the couple’s door: “Open the f***ing door. I’m going to f***ing murder you.”

Andrew pressed the panic alarm given to him by police following a horrific homophobic attack earlier this year and the man fled on hearing the sirens.

Andrew said: “He had taken the front main door off in 30 seconds with two kicks and lifted a fire extinguisher and began to smash it at our door.

“He made it abundantly clear he was going to come back and murder Gustavo and I.

“For three nights I sat up all night in case he came back.

“We can’t live like this.”

As reported in the Brent & Kilburn Times last month, Andrew and Gustavo were victims of a vicious attack at their temporary flat in June.

Andrew was stabbed in the ear and suffered a bleed to his brain.

His husband’s face was fractured and will need numerous surgeries.

Brent Council has been asked to rehouse the two men by multiple agencies and on October 15 told this paper it was working with the couple to find them a safe place to live.

In letters seen by the Brent & Kilburn Times, Det Insp Lorraine Chalk wrote to Brent’s chief exec Carolyn Downs on October 26 asking her to progress the William-Colemans’ case.

Andrew said: “Brent has let us down greatly. Carolyn Downs got that email before these latest crimes.”

Brent’s housing boss Cllr Eleanor Southwood said: “Anyone living in Brent has the right to feel safe.

“We will continue to assist the police in any way we can and also to look for suitable accommodation for the couple.”

A police spokeperson said: “Detectives from Brent CID are investigating and remain in contact with the victim.”

They added: “There have been no arrests. Enquiries continue.”

Related articles

Most Read

Latest from the Kilburn Times

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists