Gala dinner raises £6,000 for Stonebridge charity
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising gala dinner in Wembley raised more than £6,000 in support of vulnerable and marginalised women and girls.
The event for The Asian Women’s Resource Centre (AWRC) based in Stonebridge was held at the Crystal Club in South Way on Friday.
Among the 200 guests were dignitaries including the Cllr Parvez Ahmed, mayor of Brent and Dr Irar Hussain, the deputy high commissioner of Pakistan. The AWRC equips disadvantaged, vulnerable and marginalized women and girls from the Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and Refugee communities experiencing domestic and sexual abuse with therapeutic and skills based programmes to facilitate independence and integration into mainstream society.
Established 37 years ago, the organisation offers free, confidential and non-judgmental service through direct advice, information,
counselling, advocacy, outreach and support services as well as education and training opportunities.
The gala was sponsored by Tesco, The Dhol Foundation, Persona HR, Crystal Events & Management, Aby of Mango Bollywood and Bhangra Club,
Lavenham Priory (Suffolk) and Tom Rout Cinematography.
- 1 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 2 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 3 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 4 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 5 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 8 Possible traffic disruptions in north London this week
- 9 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 10 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street