Funeral of Harlesden murder victim Oliver Tetlow will take place today
- Credit: Archant
The funeral of an innocent bystander killed in a drive-by shooting in Harlesden will take place today.
Oliver Tetlow was shot dead after a gunman open fire in Church Road on March 9.
The killer used a ‘high-powered weapon’ believed to be an ‘Uzi’ before fleeing in a dark coloured car with blacked out windows.
Detectives investigating the murder believe the 27-year-old was not the intended target.
Investigating officers are looking into claims the murder is gang-related after a video showing gang members from the Church End Estate taunting their rivals in South Kilburn was posted online.
The footage shows a man holding a gold watch and several pieces of jewellery which is believed to have been robbed from a South Kilburn rival.
Pamela Humphrey, Mr Tetlow’s mother, released a statement last month appealing for information to catch her son’s killers.
- 1 QPR looking to strengthen squad in January transfer window
- 2 ‘Black girls can game too’: Wembley woman wants to inspire young girls with gaming videos
- 3 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 4 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 5 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 9 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
- 10 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
She said: “It wasn’t a killing, it was an execution. I miss my son very much. Our family miss him very much; he was loved and is still loved.
“The only way to stop this happening again is for people to come forward and provide information that will see the killer and accomplices brought to trial as soon as possible. These people claim to have no fear but they so have one overriding fear, and that is of being caught. Let’s reflect that fear by passing information that will see them being caught.”
Days after the killing a 29-year-old man was arrested in Shepherd’s Bush on suspicion of murder and an 18-year-old was held in Harlesden on suspicion of robbery.
A third man, aged 24, was also arrested on suspicion of murder.
All three have been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
Anyone witnesses or with information should call 0208 358 0200 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.