Funeral of Harlesden gun murder victim James Owusu-Ajyekum will take place tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
The funeral of a man who was gunned down on his doorstep in Harlesden will take place tomorrow.
James Owusu-Ajyekum was shot several times outside the home he shares with his parents in Tynsdale Road on the Church Road Estate, on November 3 at around 10.45pm.
The 22-year-old, who was an only child and worked for a shipping company in Wembley, was a respected member of the community who was not affiliated with any gangs.
Hundreds of mourners are expected to attend the church service which will be followed by his burial.
To date no one has been arrested and £10,000 reward is being offered by independent charity Crimestoppers for information leading to the conviction of his killer.
Detective Chief Inspector Nicola Wall, who is leading the murder hunt, is appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward.
She said: “There may have been pedestrians or motorists in the area passing through at the time of the shooting or witnesses who hold a valuable piece of information. I would urge them to come forward as soon as possible.”
- 1 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 2 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 3 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 4 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 5 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 8 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
- 9 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
Anyone who witnessed the shooting or has information can call the incident room on 020 8785 8244 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.