Funeral of community champion Trevor Hutton will take place in Harlesden today
- Credit: Archant
More than 1,000 mourners are expected to attend the funeral of an award-winning community champion from Brent which takes place today.
Trevor Hutton, co-founder of AFC Wembley, a grassroots football club, died last month from coronary heart disease.
The 52-year-old’s funeral will take place at Harlesden Baptist Church in Acton Lane, Harlesden, at 10am.
He will be buried in Willesden New Cemetery in Franklyn Road, Willesden.
Known affectionately as ‘Trevor T’, Mr Hutton’s tireless work with young people in the community is heralded for saving many from going down the wrong path in life, while giving others the first step on to a successful career.
He also worked in the music industry and was a former PE teacher at Capital City Academy in Doyle Gardens, Willesden.
Mr Hutton’s work was recognised at the Brent Community Champion Awards yesterday evening.
- 1 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 2 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 3 'Lucky escape': Four flee Wembley house fire where smoke alarms weren't working
- 4 Brent cycling group calls to improve rather than remove LTNs
- 5 Have your say on proposed changes to constituencies in Brent
- 6 Warburton: Stalemate shows why QPR need strengthening
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 8 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 9 Stonebridge community group to keep fighting after losing Bridge Park appeal
- 10 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
He was given a posthumous award for his achievements in the borough.
Last week, football charity Kick It Out created an annual accolade called the ‘Trevor Hutton Grassroots Award’ for which he was the first recipient.
Mr Hutton, who also ran a sports project called The Goal Development Programme, was recognised at the first ever Pride of Brent Awards for his outstanding contribution to the community.
Motorist are being warned of possible traffic delays around the Harlesden area as his funeral takes place.
Related link: Award-winning community champion from Wembley dies at 52