Funeral of Brent councillor will take place on Monday in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
The funeral of a Brent Labour councillor who died aged 34 will take place on Monday.
Cllr Tayo Oladapo will be laid to rest at Paddington Old Cemetery after a service at the Sacred Heart Church in Quex Road, which begins at 10am.
The 34-year-old, who represented the Kilburn ward, died following a long illness on January 29.
However his death was not registered until last month by his mother when she arrived in the UK from Nigeria.
An investigation is currently taking place into claims that Cllr Muhammed Butt, the leader of Brent Council, hid Cllr Oladapo’s death to stall a by-election.
You may also want to watch:
His death was publicly announced by the council in March.
Cllr Butt vehemently denies the allegation.
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 5 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
- 8 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?