Fundraising page in memory of Kingsbury murder victim Josh Hanson reaches £30k target
- Credit: Archant
A crowd fundraising page set up in memory of Kingsbury man who was murdered inside a bar in Eastcote has reached its £30,000 in less than a month.
The monies donated via the gofundme page will go towards the cost of the funeral of 21-year-old Josh Hanson and to establish an anti-knife crime charity.
Mr Hanson, a roads planner, died after he was stabbed in the neck in an ‘unprovoked and motiveless attack’ inside the RE Bar in Eastcote on October 11.
Within a week of the page being set up it had raised more than £26,000 and its target was reached several days ago.
The total currently stands at £30,575.
Thanking everyone for their generosity on the page, Tracey Hanson and her daughter Brooke said: “It is so touching to still see donations coming in even after reaching our target. We are truly humbled by your generosity and kindness and again the words thank you do not come close to expressing our gratitude.
“We are going to do all we can to bring awareness to the devastation and destruction that unprovoked knife crime brings.
- 1 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 2 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 3 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 4 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash
- 5 Cricklewood man appears in court accused of Golders Green rape
- 6 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 7 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 8 Harlesden TSB branch faces the axe
- 9 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 10 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
“Our future intentions and lifetime goals will be focused on Stopping Knife Crime.
“Your donations will help us to help others in any way we can just as you have helped us. “We will never stop as we will not let Josh die in vain.
“All our love to you, Tracey and Brooke.”
Detectives investigating the murder have put up a £10,000 reward for information leading to suspect Shane O’Brien.
The 27-year-old lives in Ladbroke but is known to have connections in the Ruislip area.
Witnesses or anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8785 8099 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
To make a donation visit gofundme.com/joshhanson.
A 24-year-old who was arrested at Gatwick Airport in October on suspicion of perverting the course of justice and assisting an offender in relation to the murder of Mr Hanson has been bailed to return to a police station later this month.