Fundraising page for Colindale father killed in Mill Hill smashes £1k target to top £15k
- Credit: PA
More than £15,000 has been raised for the family of a Colindale man killed in Mill Hill.
The Just Giving crowdfunding page was set up by Yitzchak Schochet, the Rabbi of Mill Hill synagogue, to help the family of Vijay Patel, who was killed in The Broadway on January 6.
The 49-year-old died in hospital on Monday evening after spending two days fighting for his life.
He was found lying injured on the pavement outside a shop, said police.
Donations have come flooding in since the page was set up.
You may also want to watch:
The initial target of £1,000 has reached £15,447.
Writing on the JustGiving page, Rabbi Schochet said: “As the Mill Hill Jewish community it is appropriate that we demonstrate compassion for something so tragic that happened in our immediate neighbourhood.”
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
A 16-year-old boy from Brent, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has been charged with Mr Patel’s murder.
To support the appeal, go to justgiving.com/crowdfunding/yitzchak-schochet