Fundraising launched for father killed by scaffolding collapse in Cricklewood
- Credit: Archant
A JustGiving page has been launched to pay for the funeral of a father tragically killed by falling scaffolding in Cricklewood.
David Luke Smith was one of two men who fell from scaffolding as they worked in Cricklewood Broadway on February 16.
The 38-year-old was rushed to hospital with life threatening injuries but died on March 4 surrounded by family and friends.
Friends have set up a just giving page for the father of two hoping to raise £10,000 for his funeral.
In a statement his family said: “He was a very much loved son, brother, uncle and father. He was also well known in the Cricklewood area for being a fun-loving and generous friend to many. He fought for his life in hospital for 16 days, however, tragically passed away on the night of Saturday 4th March surrounded by his family and loved ones. He will be sorely missed.”
As the Times reported, police were called to Cricklewood Broadway at 11.40 am last month to reports of two males injured after “falling from a height”.
The scaffolding gave way between Iceland and the Crown pub as the London Ambulance Service, London Air Ambulance and the London Fire Brigade scrambled to the scene.
- 1 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 2 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 3 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 4 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 5 Dramatic Dieng equaliser sums up 'crazy game' for QPR boss Beale
- 6 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 7 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 8 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 9 London among areas where drought is declared
- 10 'Dangerous' uni student jailed for 38 years for 'random' knife attacks
His death is being investigated by the police and the Health and Safety Executive board.
To make a donation to Mr Smith’s funeral please visit justgiving.com/crowdfunding/DavidLukeSmith