Fundraising launched for father killed by scaffolding collapse in Cricklewood
- Credit: Archant
A JustGiving page has been launched to pay for the funeral of a father tragically killed by falling scaffolding in Cricklewood.
David Luke Smith was one of two men who fell from scaffolding as they worked in Cricklewood Broadway on February 16.
The 38-year-old was rushed to hospital with life threatening injuries but died on March 4 surrounded by family and friends.
Friends have set up a just giving page for the father of two hoping to raise £10,000 for his funeral.
In a statement his family said: “He was a very much loved son, brother, uncle and father. He was also well known in the Cricklewood area for being a fun-loving and generous friend to many. He fought for his life in hospital for 16 days, however, tragically passed away on the night of Saturday 4th March surrounded by his family and loved ones. He will be sorely missed.”
You may also want to watch:
As the Times reported, police were called to Cricklewood Broadway at 11.40 am last month to reports of two males injured after “falling from a height”.
The scaffolding gave way between Iceland and the Crown pub as the London Ambulance Service, London Air Ambulance and the London Fire Brigade scrambled to the scene.
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 5 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 8 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
His death is being investigated by the police and the Health and Safety Executive board.
To make a donation to Mr Smith’s funeral please visit justgiving.com/crowdfunding/DavidLukeSmith