Fundraising event to take place in Queen’s Park in aid of St Luke’s Hospice in Kenton
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising evening of Indian music will take part at a school in Queen’s Park in aid of a charity in Kenton.
Ramesh Bhanderi has organised the bhajan event at Queens Park Community School in Aylestone Avenue, to raise funds for St Luke’s Hospice.
Mr Bhanderi, who has been volunteering on St Luke’s board of Trustees since 2011, held an identical evening last year which was attended by more than 300 people and raised £3,500.
He said: “I first experienced the work of a hospice when a friend of mine received his end of life care at Pembridge Palliative Care Unit.
“I was moved by the care that was provided to my friend and equally embarrassed by my lack of understanding of this invaluable community care.
“Since I was elected as a trustee of St Luke’s in 2011 I have found this to be immensely rewarding as I have had the opportunity to attend various events on behalf of the hospice and meet people from diverse backgrounds who all work for the betterment of the community at large.”
Performers on the night include by Pritee Varsani and Friends and Alan Watts, St Luke’s sound therapist, will also be performing a duet with Pritee.
- 1 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 2 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 3 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 4 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 5 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 8 Possible traffic disruptions in north London this week
- 9 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 10 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
Snacks will be served courtesy of Satyam Sweet Mart and the Baladia Youth Club is kindly providing the venue and volunteer support at the event.
The event will take place on September 6, from 7pm-11pm.
For more information visit www.stlukes-hospice.org/bhajan or call Aneka on 020 8382 8063.