Fundraiser in Kilburn to raise funds for community library in Wembley
Performance artists will take to the stage in aid of Preston Community Library
A variety of performance poets will be taking to the stage in Kilburn tonight for a special evening in aid of one of the borough’s closed libraries.
Established performers including BBC Radio London regular Tim Wells and many others will join revellers at the North London Tavern in Kilburn High Road on Thursday, September 13.
The evening forms part of The Kilburn Comedy Festival and will be raising money for Preston Community Library, a pop-up library outside the former Preston Library in Carlton Avenue East, Wembley.
Preston Library was one of six libraries permanently shut down by Brent Council last year in a cost cutting drive.
You may also want to watch:
Since the decision was announced campaigners have fought tirelessly to re-open the buildings.
The evening begins at 8pm and tickets are �8 or �5 for concessions.
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 3 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 4 Sisters killed in Kingsbury stabbed with 'extreme force'
- 5 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 6 Fire-ravaged Neasden church hall set to be rebuilt
- 7 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 8 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre
- 9 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 10 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
All proceeds go to the Preston Community Library.
To book call 07773951099 or pay on the door