Fundraiser in Kilburn to raise funds for community library in Wembley
Performance artists will take to the stage in aid of Preston Community Library
A variety of performance poets will be taking to the stage in Kilburn tonight for a special evening in aid of one of the borough’s closed libraries.
Established performers including BBC Radio London regular Tim Wells and many others will join revellers at the North London Tavern in Kilburn High Road on Thursday, September 13.
The evening forms part of The Kilburn Comedy Festival and will be raising money for Preston Community Library, a pop-up library outside the former Preston Library in Carlton Avenue East, Wembley.
Preston Library was one of six libraries permanently shut down by Brent Council last year in a cost cutting drive.
You may also want to watch:
Since the decision was announced campaigners have fought tirelessly to re-open the buildings.
The evening begins at 8pm and tickets are �8 or �5 for concessions.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 5 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 8 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 9 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 10 Wealdstone settle for a draw against Aldershot Town
All proceeds go to the Preston Community Library.
To book call 07773951099 or pay on the door