Fundraiser in Kilburn to raise funds for community library in Wembley
Performance artists will take to the stage in aid of Preston Community Library
A variety of performance poets will be taking to the stage in Kilburn tonight for a special evening in aid of one of the borough’s closed libraries.
Established performers including BBC Radio London regular Tim Wells and many others will join revellers at the North London Tavern in Kilburn High Road on Thursday, September 13.
The evening forms part of The Kilburn Comedy Festival and will be raising money for Preston Community Library, a pop-up library outside the former Preston Library in Carlton Avenue East, Wembley.
Preston Library was one of six libraries permanently shut down by Brent Council last year in a cost cutting drive.
Since the decision was announced campaigners have fought tirelessly to re-open the buildings.
The evening begins at 8pm and tickets are �8 or �5 for concessions.
- 1 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 4 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 5 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry
- 6 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 7 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 8 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 9 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 10 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
All proceeds go to the Preston Community Library.
To book call 07773951099 or pay on the door