Fryent councillor Shama Tatler named as new Brent Council cabinet member
- Credit: Archant
A Fryent councillor has been named as Brent Council’s new lead member for regeneration, growth, employment and skills.
Cllr Shama Tatler will take on the new role following the resignation of Cllr Roxanne Mashari on Friday.
Cllr Tatler became a councillor in 2014 and sits on the town hall’s equalities and teachers joint consultative committee.
She said: “Roxanne is a tough act to follow. I’m really excited about the opportunity and can’t wait to get to work making Brent a fairer and more prosperous borough”.
Cllr Muhammed Butt, leader of Brent Council, added: “We’re very lucky to have someone of Cllr Tatler’s calibre ready, willing and able to get involved. She brings a lot of experience and enthusiasm and is a great addition to the team”.
Cllr Mashari is the second councillor to have resigned from the cabinet in the last two months.
In October, Cllr Michael Pavey stepped down as the lead member for stronger communities citing ‘differences’ with Cllr Butt.
You may also want to watch:
His position as has been taken over by Cllr Tom Miller.
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 9 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer