Friends of Barham Library in World Book Night giveaway
- Credit: Archant
Community group have 100 copies of reading classics up for grabs
»A community library in Wembley will be giving away free books to celebrate World Book Night.
Friends of Barham Library (FOBL) have 100 books to give away to honour the approaching event.
The friends have 20 copies each of; The Reader, The Island and Casino Royal.
The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, Judge Dredd and The Dark Judge will also add extra books from their collections.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Paul Lorber, leader of the borough’s Liberal Democrat group and a volunteer with FOBL, said: “Friends of Barham Library continue to campaign to get back into Barham Library.
“In the meantime we continue to promote the love for reading and are pleased to be participating in the Book Night free book giveaway”
- 1 Wembley bar issued final warning for late nights and Covid 'breach'
- 2 Thirteen arrested following trafficking raids in Kingsbury and Romania
- 3 Neighbours call on council to halt Neasden underpass housing plans
- 4 Kingsbury bar loses alcohol licence for hosting parties during pandemic
- 5 Petrol crisis: Brawls, long queues and empty stations across Brent
- 6 Brondesbury park woman denies killing Wembley pensioner
- 7 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 8 Lib Dem resigns from Brent's budget scrutiny taskforce
- 9 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 10 Special needs school's bus cut due to petrol crisis
Barham Library was one of six libraries shut down by the council in October 2011 as part of a £1million cost saving move.
Since then community groups attached to the branches have campaigned to get them reopened.
World Book Night is an annual celebration dedicated to spreading the love of reading.
Each year on April 23, tens of thousands of people go out into their communities and give half a million free World Book Night paperbacks to non-readers.
The FOBL giveaway will take place in Sudbury Town.