Friends of Barham Library in World Book Night giveaway
- Credit: Archant
Community group have 100 copies of reading classics up for grabs
»A community library in Wembley will be giving away free books to celebrate World Book Night.
Friends of Barham Library (FOBL) have 100 books to give away to honour the approaching event.
The friends have 20 copies each of; The Reader, The Island and Casino Royal.
The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, Judge Dredd and The Dark Judge will also add extra books from their collections.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Paul Lorber, leader of the borough’s Liberal Democrat group and a volunteer with FOBL, said: “Friends of Barham Library continue to campaign to get back into Barham Library.
“In the meantime we continue to promote the love for reading and are pleased to be participating in the Book Night free book giveaway”
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 QPR boss 'disappointed' as two late goals cost his side at West Brom
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
Barham Library was one of six libraries shut down by the council in October 2011 as part of a £1million cost saving move.
Since then community groups attached to the branches have campaigned to get them reopened.
World Book Night is an annual celebration dedicated to spreading the love of reading.
Each year on April 23, tens of thousands of people go out into their communities and give half a million free World Book Night paperbacks to non-readers.
The FOBL giveaway will take place in Sudbury Town.