Friends of Barham Library in World Book Night giveaway
- Credit: Archant
Community group have 100 copies of reading classics up for grabs
»A community library in Wembley will be giving away free books to celebrate World Book Night.
Friends of Barham Library (FOBL) have 100 books to give away to honour the approaching event.
The friends have 20 copies each of; The Reader, The Island and Casino Royal.
The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, Judge Dredd and The Dark Judge will also add extra books from their collections.
Cllr Paul Lorber, leader of the borough’s Liberal Democrat group and a volunteer with FOBL, said: “Friends of Barham Library continue to campaign to get back into Barham Library.
“In the meantime we continue to promote the love for reading and are pleased to be participating in the Book Night free book giveaway”
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 3 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 4 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 5 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 6 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 7 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 8 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 9 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 10 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
Barham Library was one of six libraries shut down by the council in October 2011 as part of a £1million cost saving move.
Since then community groups attached to the branches have campaigned to get them reopened.
World Book Night is an annual celebration dedicated to spreading the love of reading.
Each year on April 23, tens of thousands of people go out into their communities and give half a million free World Book Night paperbacks to non-readers.
The FOBL giveaway will take place in Sudbury Town.