Fresh appeal for Kilburn man who disappeared five years ago
- Credit: Archant
The distraught family of a Kilburn man who disappeared five years ago has joined police to appeal for information.
Robert Duff has not been seen or heard from since 12 January 2013 when he failed to attend his daughter’s 18th birthday celebration.
The 42-year-old was last seen on CCTV at 11.12am withdrawing money from a cash machine outside Sainsbury’s in Holloway Road.
Officers are concerned for his welfare and said his two daughters and family remain distraught and are extremely worried about him.
In a statement Robert’s family said: “Robert’s disappearance five years ago doesn’t get any easier to bear.
“As a family he is constantly in our thoughts. We find it especially difficult when birthdays and special dates come around because he is not here to share them with us.
“This year has been particularly difficult for us as he is about to become a grandfather in March. Not being able to tell him the good news has been very difficult for Robert’s eldest daughter. This time of year is always hard to deal with because Robert isn’t there to join us.
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 5 Kensal Rise backstreets 'clogged with unused buses' group says
- 6 Covid patient numbers in Brent hospitals remains steady
- 7 Shocking reality of Brent housing crisis shown in new data
- 8 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 9 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
- 10 Lexi Cinema: Hostile documentary 'shows effect of Theresa May policy'
“Our greatest wish is that someone out there knows what has happened to Robert or knows where he is and passes information to police or anonymously to Missing People.”
At the time of his disappearance Robert was described as about 5ft 7ins tall and of slim build with short brown hair.
Police said he is known to frequent the Holloway, Kentish Town, Islington and Camden areas but could be living anywhere now.
Det Insp Andrew Grant of Brent CID said: “This will be the fifth Christmas Robert’s family have spent without him and I would again urge members of the public to come forward with any information that will help us find him.
“I would also like to appeal to Robert and let him know that I’m here for him. If you’re in any trouble, please call us or your family and we will help you. We just want to know you are safe and well.”
Although Robert is known to frequent the Holloway, Kentish Town, Islington and Camden areas, he has been missing for five years and could be living anywhere now.
Anyone with any information about the circumstances of Robert’s disappearance, should call Brent’s Missing Persons Unit on 020 8733 3771 or 07881 339488 or Missing People on 116 000.