Free weekend parking at council car parks in Brent in the run up to Christmas
- Credit: PA WIRE
Brent Council has shown some Christmas spirit to small traders and shoppers by rolling out free parking at the weekends leading up to the festivities.
Some council-owned car parks will be free to use on December 3,4, 10, 11, 17 and 18
In addition they will also be free on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
The scheme called ‘Small Business Saturday’ has run for the past two years and aims to make it easier for residents to support local businesses and shop locally in the build up to Christmas.
Signs will be put up in participating car parks promoting the scheme and pay and display machines in those car parks will be covered on the Friday evening before each weekend, to prevent shoppers from accidentally paying for their parking.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Eleanor Southwood, Brent Council’s cabinet member responsible for parking, said: “Small businesses are the life blood of the local economy, providing jobs and services and adding to the unique diversity of Brent, so we are keen to support our local businesses in whatever way we can.
“I hope that providing free parking across eight sites in the borough at one of the busiest times of the year for businesses will help those who do shop locally to stay loyal, and for those who tend to drive out of the borough to shop, to encourage them to see what local high streets in the borough have to offer.”
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report