Free way to workout
by Will Davies Residents are limbering up as work on an outdoor gym nears completion. Whether you re a fitness freak or just keen to get in shape, every Camden resident will live within easy reach of the ultimate experience in al fresco e
by Will Davies
Residents are limbering up as work on an outdoor gym nears completion.
Whether you're a fitness freak or just keen to get in shape, every Camden resident will live within easy reach of the ultimate experience in al fresco
exercise as ten outdoor gyms open across the borough.
You may also want to watch:
A gym in Kilburn Grange Park is set to open next month, and funded by Camden Primary Care Trust (PCT) is aimed at increasing opportunities for people of all ages and abilities to get fit and stay healthy.
Cllr Flick Rea, Camden Council's executive member for culture, said: "We're always looking for new ways to offer free and affordable exercise so we can encourage more people to get fit and stay healthy. Outdoor gyms have been extremely successful elsewhere and are an excellent alternative for those who are put off by the thought of going to the gym or can't afford the membership. I hope everyone visits one of the demonstration days and tells us what they think about them."
- 1 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 2 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 3 'Residents have faced a living nightmare as a result of the cladding scandal'
- 4 Cricklewood Library crowdfunder launched to 'get it over the line'
- 5 Man shot multiple times in Dudden Hill remains in stable condition
- 6 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 7 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 8 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 9 A full-time dedicated Euros Policing Team will police Wembley Stadium
- 10 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
Boasting no joining or membership fees and a zero carbon footprint once installed, the gym offers people a new, easy and free way of exercising in their local park or housing estate.
It will include much of the equipment found in indoor gyms, such as treadmills, cross-trainers and weights, but specifically designed for safe outdoor use.