Free swimming for concessions at Willesden Sports Centre
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A leisure centre is offering free swimming to over 60s, under fives and disabled residents as part of its commitment to get Brent fit and active.
Children under 17 can also enjoy a dip in the pool during school holidays from Monday to Friday between 10am and 4pm, at Willesden Sports Centre in Donnington Road, Willesden.
The centre, which was shortlisted in the thirds annual Members Choice Health Club Awards last year, is encouraging people to get active in the pool this autumn. Regular swimming can reduce the risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes and stroke, whilst increasing muscle tone and strength, as well as improving flexibility and sore joints.
Jane Hylton, contract manager at the centre, said: “The pool is a great place to exercise as you have the option to get fit with friends or work out alone. Swimming is one of those activities which has so many benefits – it lowers stress levels, manages your weight and improves flexibility!
“We encourage all of those who are entitled to free use of the pool to come along and join us for a swim.”
For more information visit www.1life.co.uk.
- 1 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 2 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 3 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 4 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 5 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 8 Possible traffic disruptions in north London this week
- 9 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 10 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London