Free spectacle of fire and light taking place in Wembley Park
- Credit: Archant
Wembley Park will be filled with colour this Saturday with a free night carnival including French clowns dangling from a 150 foot crane.
The Colors Festival of Fire and Light at Wembley Park is a secular celebration inspired by Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights which signifies hope over despair.
Organised by Remarkable Productions, the event includes, fabulously-lit floats, music, dancers and food stalls.
The Carnival of Lights will be officially launched by a special appearance from singer songwriter Arjun, whose recent track Suit Suit was number one in India.
Carnival heroes Mahogany are dressing members of the borough’s diverse communities in fire-inspired costumes.
Thirty Bollywood dancers lit by specially commissioned glowing umbrellas created by Cirque Bijou will also bring the area alive.
Watch French group Transe Express perform their jaw dropping display of aerial percussion Mobille Homme, as they collaborate with 15 dhollies from The Dhol Academy.
- 1 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 2 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 3 Have your say on proposed changes to constituencies in Brent
- 4 'Lucky escape': Four flee Wembley house fire where smoke alarms weren't working
- 5 Brent cycling group calls to improve rather than remove LTNs
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 7 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 8 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 9 Stonebridge community group to keep fighting after losing Bridge Park appeal
- 10 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
Ajay Chhabra, Mela’s artistic director said: “This brings our season of festivals to a close.
“Brent and Wembley have long had a tradition of parades and processions and we are proud to bring this tradition back with a new and re-ignited contemporary twist.
“Our aim is to bring everyone together to celebrate and light up the night!”
James Saunders, COO of Quintain, the developer behind Wembley Park, said: “We’re delighted to be hosting London Mela once again at Wembley Park. This vibrant and entertaining event showcases the very best of Asian culture in the capital.
“We look forward to welcoming visitors from all over London to enjoy this spectacular event in Wembley Park, an area which is undergoing an exciting transformation and is already coming alive with cultural events and activities.”
The event starts at 12.30pm and ends with a spectacular fire display.
Colors Festival of Fire & Light @ Wembley Park is supported by the Wembley Park, Mayor of London, Arts Council England and London Borough of Brent Council.