Laura Matthews & The Flakes host free music event in Kensal Green’s tennis club
- Credit: Archant
Those mourning the loss of a music venue in Willesden Green are invited to join a harmonious evening in Kensal Green.
Lightening the Night is taking place at the Elmwood Tennis Club in Holland Road on Friday.
The free event features live music from rock indie band Whalls followed by a set from Laura Matthews & the Flakes.
As reported in the paper last week the Delipod Hub inside the Library at Willesden Green was forced to shut last month amid financial difficulties.
Laura said: "With music venues like the Willesden Delipod closing down all around us, more reason to get on down to The Elmwood.
You may also want to watch:
"Alice will be flipping her burgers and hot dogs, veggie too, and the cheap bar is still cheap!
"Please put money in the hat."
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Body of newborn baby found in Grand Union Canal in Willesden
- 3 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 4 Three men charged after police officer injured in traffic stop
- 5 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 6 Summer of Play season launch in Wembley Park this June
- 7 Mother of newborn baby found in Willesden canal urged to seek medical help
- 8 Man jailed after assaulting police officers while drunk
- 9 Residents priced out the area they grew up in
- 10 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
The doors and bar opens at 7.30pm with the music beginning at around 8pm.
Children are welcome and donations are gratefully accepted.