Laura Matthews & The Flakes host free music event in Kensal Green’s tennis club
- Credit: Archant
Those mourning the loss of a music venue in Willesden Green are invited to join a harmonious evening in Kensal Green.
Lightening the Night is taking place at the Elmwood Tennis Club in Holland Road on Friday.
The free event features live music from rock indie band Whalls followed by a set from Laura Matthews & the Flakes.
As reported in the paper last week the Delipod Hub inside the Library at Willesden Green was forced to shut last month amid financial difficulties.
Laura said: "With music venues like the Willesden Delipod closing down all around us, more reason to get on down to The Elmwood.
You may also want to watch:
"Alice will be flipping her burgers and hot dogs, veggie too, and the cheap bar is still cheap!
"Please put money in the hat."
- 1 Gun shot at wall during 'terrifying' burglary in Wembley
- 2 Police continue Wembley murder investigation after footage emerges
- 3 Two arrested after man survives being stabbed in Wembley
- 4 Bailed: Four men arrested in connection with Sven Badzak killing in Kilburn
- 5 Appeal to send Wembley great-gran 101 birthday cards to 'make her day'
- 6 QPR defender Dickie praises the board and manager for change in fortunes
- 7 New vaccine and test centre opens in Willesden Green mosque
- 8 Man jailed after victim stabbed with machete in Neasden burglary
- 9 Wanted drug dealer jailed after police seize combat knives in Willesden
- 10 Neasden teen jailed for manslaughter of Meshach Williams in Harlesden
The doors and bar opens at 7.30pm with the music beginning at around 8pm.
Children are welcome and donations are gratefully accepted.