Free memberships for Vale Farm Sports Centre on offer to under 16s in Brent
- Credit: Archant
Brent children under the age of 16 are being offered one month’s free membership at a leisure centre in the borough.
Vale Farm Sports Centre in Watford Road, Sudbury, hope the incentive will help to tackle the concerning increase in child obesity in the borough.
In Brent around 11 per cent of four-year-old children are obese with the figure surging to 24 per cent for 10-year-olds.
From September 1 anyone interested can sign up throughout the month however places are limited so will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
Chris Williams, Vale Farm’s manager, said: “Tackling inactivity and the growing obesity issue amongst children and teenagers is something we are fully committed to.
“As part of this pledge, we aim to encourage everyone to take part in 30 minutes of physical activity five times a week, and hope that the free memberships will help youngsters to achieve this.”
Parents will need to sign health commitment forms before their children can join the centre.
- 1 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 2 Beale savours first win as QPR boss after Willock wonder goal
- 3 Party patrols return as barber’s rave shut down
- 4 QPR hold off Middlesbrough to give boss Beale first win
- 5 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 6 Three face provisional trial with links to alleged organ-harvesting plot
- 7 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 8 'Dangerous' uni student jailed for 38 years for 'random' knife attacks
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following woman's 'unexpected' death
- 10 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
For more information call the centre on 02089086545 or email email@example.com.