Free memberships for Vale Farm Sports Centre on offer to under 16s in Brent
- Credit: Archant
Brent children under the age of 16 are being offered one month’s free membership at a leisure centre in the borough.
Vale Farm Sports Centre in Watford Road, Sudbury, hope the incentive will help to tackle the concerning increase in child obesity in the borough.
In Brent around 11 per cent of four-year-old children are obese with the figure surging to 24 per cent for 10-year-olds.
From September 1 anyone interested can sign up throughout the month however places are limited so will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
Chris Williams, Vale Farm’s manager, said: “Tackling inactivity and the growing obesity issue amongst children and teenagers is something we are fully committed to.
You may also want to watch:
“As part of this pledge, we aim to encourage everyone to take part in 30 minutes of physical activity five times a week, and hope that the free memberships will help youngsters to achieve this.”
Parents will need to sign health commitment forms before their children can join the centre.
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 5 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
- 8 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
For more information call the centre on 02089086545 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.