Free garden party in Harlesden this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A community group in Harlesden is hosting a free party which includes a consultation on a new clubhouse.
The Greener Harlesden Party is taking place on Saturday from 1-4pm at the Harlesden Town Garden in Challenge Close.
The Friends of Harlesden Town Garden (HTG) are showcasing their plans for a new clubhouse where the people can meet and interact.
Members of ‘Home and Belonging’ art project, a two-year scheme from Central Saint Martins and Crisis Skylight Brent, will be selling t-shirts and bags in its Pop-up Textile Shop.
All proceeds will go to Crisis, which supports homeless people, and the Brent arts project.
There will also be a pop-up consultation stall to raise awareness of the new Harlesden neighbourhood plan and what residents would like to see prioritised in the area.
There’s fun to be had with various activities in the pocket park including a bouncy castle and face-painting for children and arts & craft opportunities and gardening workshops for everyone.
- 1 QPR boss Beale disappointed to bow out of Carabao Cup
- 2 Polio virus detected in sewage in Brent
- 3 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 4 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
- 5 QPR bow out of EFL Cup after penalty shoot-out at Charlton
- 6 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 9 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 10 Hospital trust increasingly reliant on international medical staff
Gabriel Parfitt, HTG chairman said: “Current research has shown that there is a genuine need for a venue in Harlesden that will cater for community events and gardening workshops.
“A clubhouse will also provide a perfect place to sit down, rest your feet and have a cup of tea and a biscuit with fellow gardeners after a productive day in our raised bed allotments.
“The HTG Greener Harlesden trolley will be outside Tesco in Harlesden Plaza between 11am and 1pm to give out free seeds and to encourage everyone to join the party.“It’s a fun day out for all the family.”