Free event for black writers with publishing dream taking place in Stonebridge
- Credit: Archant
Writers with dreams of being published are invited to a free event in Stonebridge.
Black Authors on the Rise is taking place on October 19 at Brent Community Hub, in Hillside, from 11am to 4pm.
The event, hosted by publisher Conscious Dreams, includes talks from 15 published authors, including a 13-year-old sci-fi fantasy novelist, who will share their journeys.
Enjoy poetry performances, a fashion show and food and drink throughout the day.
Workshops are also being run priced around £5 for those wanting specific tips and advice.
You may also want to watch:
Founder and mentor Daniella Blechner launched her company to challenge the under-representation of BAME (Black, Asian and minority ethnic) characters in fiction - currently just 5 per cent, according to the CLPE Reflecting Realities report.
She said: "If our images cannot be seen and our stories are not being told, we have a duty and responsibility to create them."
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 3 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 4 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 5 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 6 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 7 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 8 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 9 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 10 Four men connected to Craig Small's death in Wembley to appear for trial next year