Free event for black writers with publishing dream taking place in Stonebridge
- Credit: Archant
Writers with dreams of being published are invited to a free event in Stonebridge.
Black Authors on the Rise is taking place on October 19 at Brent Community Hub, in Hillside, from 11am to 4pm.
The event, hosted by publisher Conscious Dreams, includes talks from 15 published authors, including a 13-year-old sci-fi fantasy novelist, who will share their journeys.
Enjoy poetry performances, a fashion show and food and drink throughout the day.
Workshops are also being run priced around £5 for those wanting specific tips and advice.
You may also want to watch:
Founder and mentor Daniella Blechner launched her company to challenge the under-representation of BAME (Black, Asian and minority ethnic) characters in fiction - currently just 5 per cent, according to the CLPE Reflecting Realities report.
She said: "If our images cannot be seen and our stories are not being told, we have a duty and responsibility to create them."
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 4 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man