Freckleton murder trial opens
by Alex Wellman A trial into the murder of a young father gunned down in a barbershop has begun at The Old Bailey. Wayne Freckleton, 25, from the Church End Estate, was shot in the head and killed as he waited in Ike s barbers in Acton La
by Alex Wellman
A trial into the murder of a young father gunned down in a barbershop has begun at The Old Bailey.
Wayne Freckleton, 25, from the Church End Estate, was shot in the head and killed as he waited in Ike's barbers in Acton Lane, Harlesden, in April last year.
Richard Osborne, 27, of Larix Court, Harlesden Road, Harlesden, Femi Forde, 24, of Harlesden Gardens, Harlesden, Marcus Siyum, 19, of Burns Road, Harlesden and Antoine Richards, 18, from Hayes, Middlesex, have all been charged with Mr Freckleton's murder.
You may also want to watch:
All four deny the charge.
Jamal Smith, 27, from Colchester, Essex, has been charged with two counts of assisting an offender and also denies the charges.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 New QPR signing Stefan Johansen wants to push for promotion
- 3 Stefan Johansen completes QPR switch from Fulham
- 4 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 7 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 10 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
Smith is accused of intending to 'impede the apprehension' of Forde and Osborne between April 25 and May 2 last year.
On Monday and Tuesday a jury was selected and paperwork dealt for the case which is being adjudicated by the courts most senior judge, The Recorder of London, Judge Peter Beaumont QC.
The five accused men stood in the dock in Court 6 at The Old Bailey on the opening day in the order in which they were charged and only spoke to confirm their identity.
The trial is expected to last six weeks.