Frail Blackburn offer QPR chance to break their duck at home
Frail Rovers offer QPR chance to break their duck at home
Though the pair have met twice in the FA Cup in recent years, it’s more than a decade since Rangers last squared up to Blackburn Rovers in a league encounter. Blackburn have yet to record a win on the road this term, hence Totesport’s 18/5 price for them to get off the mark on Saturday, and despite Rangers’ 6-0 thumping by Fulham last time out, they are still Ladbrokes’ 10/11 favourites to secure maximum points for the first time in a home league fixture this season. Blackburn alsoo endured an embarrassing defeat in their last outing (4-0 at home to Manchester City) and given the porous nature of each side’s defences, Betfred’s 10/11 for both teams to score should not be ignored.
Rangers, who managed just a single home league goal, are nonetheless fancied by 888sport (at odds of 5/4) to retain a clean sheet and punters expecting them to put Rovers to the sword can get 16/5 (William Hill) about them being the first of the duo to reach three goals.
Bookies report plenty of interest in high-scoring outcomes, with Partybets’ 14/1 posted against a 2-2 draw proving especially popular. Elsewhere, Stan James chalk 12/5 against the duel yielding more than 3.5 goals, while Blue Square offer an attractive 5/6 about the game’s total goal minutes exceeding 130 (goals scored in minutes 38, 65 and 72 for instance, makes a total of 175).
It is also important that following their heavy defeat at Craven Cottage, Rangers get off to a steady start, although Blackburn will feel they have to do the same; punters expecting the sides’ efforts to cancel each other out can get 19/4 (Victor Chandler) about both halves ending in stalemate. Those anticipating a QPR revival, though not without some almost compulsory nail biting, can still get a massive 28/1 (Sportingbet) against Neil Warnock’s men winning 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Dykes hurt as QPR topple Hatters to end season on winning note
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 QPR boss Warburton not worried about Dykes' injury
- 10 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road