Frail Blackburn offer QPR chance to break their duck at home
Frail Rovers offer QPR chance to break their duck at home
Though the pair have met twice in the FA Cup in recent years, it’s more than a decade since Rangers last squared up to Blackburn Rovers in a league encounter. Blackburn have yet to record a win on the road this term, hence Totesport’s 18/5 price for them to get off the mark on Saturday, and despite Rangers’ 6-0 thumping by Fulham last time out, they are still Ladbrokes’ 10/11 favourites to secure maximum points for the first time in a home league fixture this season. Blackburn alsoo endured an embarrassing defeat in their last outing (4-0 at home to Manchester City) and given the porous nature of each side’s defences, Betfred’s 10/11 for both teams to score should not be ignored.
Rangers, who managed just a single home league goal, are nonetheless fancied by 888sport (at odds of 5/4) to retain a clean sheet and punters expecting them to put Rovers to the sword can get 16/5 (William Hill) about them being the first of the duo to reach three goals.
Bookies report plenty of interest in high-scoring outcomes, with Partybets’ 14/1 posted against a 2-2 draw proving especially popular. Elsewhere, Stan James chalk 12/5 against the duel yielding more than 3.5 goals, while Blue Square offer an attractive 5/6 about the game’s total goal minutes exceeding 130 (goals scored in minutes 38, 65 and 72 for instance, makes a total of 175).
It is also important that following their heavy defeat at Craven Cottage, Rangers get off to a steady start, although Blackburn will feel they have to do the same; punters expecting the sides’ efforts to cancel each other out can get 19/4 (Victor Chandler) about both halves ending in stalemate. Those anticipating a QPR revival, though not without some almost compulsory nail biting, can still get a massive 28/1 (Sportingbet) against Neil Warnock’s men winning 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes
- 1 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 2 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 3 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 4 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 5 Neasden businessman left in lurch by HSBC loan programme
- 6 QPR boss Warburton 'savoured' his side's penalty shoot-out win over Everton
- 7 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 8 Crowds flock to Queen's Park Book Festival 2021
- 9 QPR pull off upset with penalty shoot-out win over Everton
- 10 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill