Four charged after cops swoop on suspected phone thieves at Pendulum concert in Wembley Arena
A gang of eight men were arrested by police after they preyed on unsuspecting victims during a pop concert
POLICE have busted a suspected organised gang of phone thieves who targeted revellers at a concert at Wembley Arena on Friday night.
Three men and a teenager have appeared in court after officers from Brent police and the National Mobile Phone Crime Unit (NMPCU) swooped during the gig by Australian drum and bass act, Pendulum.
Detective Sergeant Keith Walters of the NMPCU said: “This type of event is often targeted for such crime and Police advise members to be vigilant at all times, especially when in such close proximity with such a large number of people.
“Many of the victims are ecstatic that we have been able to catch the perpetrators and return their mobile phones to them.”
You may also want to watch:
Police recovered more than 40 phones and are still trying to identify many of their their owners.
Abdul Rahim Brahim, 21, Abdullah Benghadfa, 23, Adrian Ionut Iager, 29, and a 17-year-old who cannot be named for legal reasons were remanded in custody accused of conspiracy to steal.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 5 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 6 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
- 7 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 10 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
The latter two were also charged with going equipped to steal.
A further four males, aged between 20 and 30 were bailed until February.
Anyone who lost their phone at the concert should contact Wembley Police 0300 123 1212.