Four charged after cops swoop on suspected phone thieves at Pendulum concert in Wembley Arena
A gang of eight men were arrested by police after they preyed on unsuspecting victims during a pop concert
POLICE have busted a suspected organised gang of phone thieves who targeted revellers at a concert at Wembley Arena on Friday night.
Three men and a teenager have appeared in court after officers from Brent police and the National Mobile Phone Crime Unit (NMPCU) swooped during the gig by Australian drum and bass act, Pendulum.
Detective Sergeant Keith Walters of the NMPCU said: “This type of event is often targeted for such crime and Police advise members to be vigilant at all times, especially when in such close proximity with such a large number of people.
“Many of the victims are ecstatic that we have been able to catch the perpetrators and return their mobile phones to them.”
You may also want to watch:
Police recovered more than 40 phones and are still trying to identify many of their their owners.
Abdul Rahim Brahim, 21, Abdullah Benghadfa, 23, Adrian Ionut Iager, 29, and a 17-year-old who cannot be named for legal reasons were remanded in custody accused of conspiracy to steal.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 5 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 9 Mayhew staff cull risk as animal charity is 'restructured'
- 10 Man admits killing Kilburn waiter to end his days 'banged up' court hears
The latter two were also charged with going equipped to steal.
A further four males, aged between 20 and 30 were bailed until February.
Anyone who lost their phone at the concert should contact Wembley Police 0300 123 1212.