Forum on guns and knives
by Alex Wellman Gun and knife crime will go under the microscope when young people hold a forum on violence. Strength in Numbers Youth Committee (SNYC), a group of 16 to 25-year-olds from Brent, will discuss ways of tackling violent crime
by Alex Wellman
Gun and knife crime will go under the microscope when young people hold a forum on violence.
Strength in Numbers Youth Committee (SNYC), a group of 16 to 25-year-olds from Brent, will discuss ways of tackling violent crime in Brent at a Community Action Forum and is inviting anyone interested to come along.
The groups aim is to help other young people realise their potential through projects responding to needs which arise in the forum.
You may also want to watch:
The forum will encourage people to share their concerns about young people and violence, and to come up with realistic solutions.
SNYC has been set up by BrAVA which provides development and funding strategies for voluntary organisations in Brent and the team are also keen to recruit more members
- 1 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 2 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 3 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 4 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 5 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 8 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 9 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 10 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
The SYNC Community Action Forum takes place on Tuesday May 26 at Willesden Green Library in Willesden High Road at 6pm.
Spaces are limited so to be sure of a place email your name to Davis.email@example.com