Former Wembley High School pupil Brandon Block enters the Celebrity Big Brother house
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A former DJ who grew up in Wembley is taking part in this year’s Celebrity Big Brother.
Brandon Block, who now works in a psychiatric hospital, shot to fame in the 1990s thanks to his rock ‘n’ roll lifestyle.
The 49-year-old moved to Wembley in 1971 and is a former alumnus of Wembley High School, now called Wembley High Technology College, in East Lane, north Wembley.
In 2000, he mistakenly went up to the stage to collect an award at the Brits while Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood was trying to present a gong resulting in the pair squaring up each other.
After they traded insults Wood threw a glass of water into his face.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Block said he is looking forward “to getting away from technology for a while and having a laugh with new people”.
In 2014, former boxing champion Audley Harrison who also grew up in Brent started in the reality televison programme and came second.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 3 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 4 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 5 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 8 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 9 'We're angry': London councillors demand Met tackles violence to women
- 10 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
Did you go to school with Brandon Block and have any pictures of him during that time?