Former resident delivers a special thank you to nursing home in Harlesden
- Credit: Archant
Lera Clarke, presented a cake to staff who nursed her back to health
A big sponge cake was presented to staff and residents of a Harlesden nursing home by a grateful former resident,
Lera Clarke, 88, of Southcroft Road, Harlesden, gifted the cake to show her appreciation for the care she received during a two week stay at Craven Park Nursing Home.
Mrs Clarke said: “I did not want to go there. I was in there for a couple of weeks but I was treated like a queen.
“They were really nice, it is the best place I have been.
You may also want to watch:
“I appreciate what they did for me.
“They did a very good job.”
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent pub...REVEALED
- 8 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
The home’s activities coordinator, Annamarie Meadows, described the cake as ‘absolutely beautiful’.
“She was so happy with the care she received at the nursing home, so she wanted to thank all the staff for the way they looked after her,” said Annamarie.
“It was a nice appreciation, a card would have done – it was a shock.”