Former Ofsted boss announced as new Brent Council Chief Executive
Former top officer at Tower Hamlets and Chief Ofsted Inspector will take charge on temporary basis
Brent Council has announced who will be taking up the role of Chief Executive following the departure of Gareth Daniel.
Christine Gilbert, CBE, has been appointed on an interim basis.
Earlier this month the Times exclusively revealed the strained relationship between Cllr Muhammed Butt, leader of Brent Council and current chief executive Gareth Daniel.
Around 24 hours later Mr Daniel announced he would be resigning from the position he has held for 14 years.
Ms Gilbert, is a former chief executive at the London Borough of Tower Hamlets and was also Chief Inspector at the independent school assessment body Ofsted.
Cllr Butt said he was ‘delighted’ with the appointment.
- 1 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 3 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 4 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 5 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 6 'Lucky escape': Four flee Wembley house fire where smoke alarms weren't working
- 7 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 8 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 9 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 10 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
He said: “She has a wealth of local government experience at the most senior level and will provide inspirational leadership to the council in the months ahead.
“Brent is proud of its achievements to date and although already a high performing organisation we are committed to providing even better services to residents under the Council’s new leadership team.
“Residents can expect to see a range of exciting transformations in the quality of services we provide to the local community.”
Christine Gilbert will take over the reigns in November and will remain in the post until a permanent replacement is appointed.