Former MP Tony Benn is guest of honour at Willesden event
Politican urges people to attend assembly in Trafalgar Square tomorrow
More than 100 residents joined forces with a former politician at an event organised by the borough’s anti war group.
Tony Benn was the guest of honour at Brent Stop The War Group’ (STW) public meeting in Willesden Green Library Centre on Tuesday.
His appearance coincides with STW’s 10 year anniversary.
Mr Benn, a former MP stressed the importance of not giving up on campaigning against the war and encouraged residents to attend the National Assembly Against War taking place at Trafalgar Square tomorrow (8).
Among other speakers included John Hillary, Director of human rights campaigners ‘War on Want’ and founder member of STW Sheila Robin, who thanked the audience for their continued support.
Brent Stop the War meets on the second Monday of the month at Brent Trades and Labour Hall 375 High Road, Willesden, NW10 at 7.30pm.
- 1 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 2 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 3 School turns itself around after 'sexual bullying' reports
- 4 Hundreds of young musicians to gather in Wembley for concert
- 5 Rogue Wembley HGV trainer sentenced after selling non-existent training
- 6 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 7 Hospital's new research centre officially opened by vaccine taskforce lead
- 8 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 9 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 10 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
All are welcome to take part in activities.