Former MP Tony Benn is guest of honour at Willesden event
Politican urges people to attend assembly in Trafalgar Square tomorrow
More than 100 residents joined forces with a former politician at an event organised by the borough’s anti war group.
Tony Benn was the guest of honour at Brent Stop The War Group’ (STW) public meeting in Willesden Green Library Centre on Tuesday.
His appearance coincides with STW’s 10 year anniversary.
Mr Benn, a former MP stressed the importance of not giving up on campaigning against the war and encouraged residents to attend the National Assembly Against War taking place at Trafalgar Square tomorrow (8).
Among other speakers included John Hillary, Director of human rights campaigners ‘War on Want’ and founder member of STW Sheila Robin, who thanked the audience for their continued support.
Brent Stop the War meets on the second Monday of the month at Brent Trades and Labour Hall 375 High Road, Willesden, NW10 at 7.30pm.
- 1 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 2 Four adults and child rescued from roof as blaze destroys flat
- 3 'Grandfather of Kensal Rise': Barber Gee Artrey dies at 86
- 4 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 5 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 6 We deserved win over West Brom says QPR boss Warburton
- 7 Four LTN schemes could be scrapped in Brent
- 8 Girl, 14, sexually assaulted on Tube by man who asked for her Snapchat
- 9 Five arrests, drugs and weapons seized in Harlesden raids
- 10 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
All are welcome to take part in activities.