Former MP Tony Benn is guest of honour at Willesden event
Politican urges people to attend assembly in Trafalgar Square tomorrow
More than 100 residents joined forces with a former politician at an event organised by the borough’s anti war group.
Tony Benn was the guest of honour at Brent Stop The War Group’ (STW) public meeting in Willesden Green Library Centre on Tuesday.
His appearance coincides with STW’s 10 year anniversary.
Mr Benn, a former MP stressed the importance of not giving up on campaigning against the war and encouraged residents to attend the National Assembly Against War taking place at Trafalgar Square tomorrow (8).
You may also want to watch:
Among other speakers included John Hillary, Director of human rights campaigners ‘War on Want’ and founder member of STW Sheila Robin, who thanked the audience for their continued support.
Brent Stop the War meets on the second Monday of the month at Brent Trades and Labour Hall 375 High Road, Willesden, NW10 at 7.30pm.
- 1 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 2 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 3 QPR have 'great opportunity' to reach last eight of Carabao Cup
- 4 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 5 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 6 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 7 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 8 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 10 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
All are welcome to take part in activities.