Former Kilburn councillor dies at the age of 65
- Credit: Archant
A former Kilburn councillor with a long career serving his community has died aged 65.
John Rolfe, a much respected and admired former Labour councillor, served the ward in Camden from 2002 to 2006.
He previously was a councillor in the Priory ward in Camden from 1998 to 2002.
Mr Rolfe lived in Swiss Cottage, where he was chairman of the Tenants and Residents Association and the Hampstead District Management Committee.
His son, Jez, said: “It was very sudden and unexpected. The funeral will be very private, family only, but there is a memorial service for him in December.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Nash Ali, Camden cabinet member and former council leader, said: “He was a lovely guy, very passionate and very supportive to me as a new councillor when I joined in 2002.
“He’s done a lot of good for the people of Camden giving his time for their benefit, particularly in regards to housing.”
- 1 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 2 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 3 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 4 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 5 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 6 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 9 QPR boss Warburton pleased with performance in Leicester draw
- 10 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
Mr Rolfe died on September 27.